Monday, July 15, 2019

A Nice Day at Home

Brett was up early this morning to meet his friend Pam for breakfast.  He had helped her on her political campaign several years ago and still kept in contact with her.  Brett enjoyed catching up and listening to her thoughts on the upcoming political races.  Afterward he headed home for a phone interview with a non-profit economic development company in Indianapolis.  Brett was excited about the possibility, but couldn't get a good read from the person interviewing him about his possibility of moving on to the next step.

While he was gone, I took a walk and then drove Meg to the orthodontist.  Her appointment was a quick one, so she still had plenty of time to eat lunch and rest at home before heading back to camp.   Cam spent his afternoon at the golf course with Grandpa.  Once he got home, we talked Brett into another game of Exploding Kittens.  Cam and I both lost again.  Afterward I picked up the CR-V from Buds.  It was nice to have that all settled.  We definitely won't be recommending Liberty Mutual to anyone anytime soon.

Tonight I took Cam to tennis at Northwood.  It was a hot one, but that didn't bother Cameron.  He and Aaron played doubles together.  They won an excited three set match in a tiebreak while I was there.  Doug arrived for the second match, so I headed home.  I had had all of the heat that I could take and Brett and I wanted to watch a movie before he headed home tomorrow.  He had gone to dinner with my parents at two different places this evening.  They started at Down Under, but had only received his drink after waiting thirty minutes.  Thus, they decided instead to give The Frog a try.  That went better and they were all happy with their food and their evening together.  I beat them home by a couple of minutes.  After they left, Brett picked Dial M for Murder for our movie night.  It was one of my favorite Hitchcock movies, so I was definitely happy with his choice.  Cam and Doug arrived close to 9:30.  Cam had played another three set match, but this time he and Aaron lost.  He wasn't too disappointed, however, as he had had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment