Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tuesdays Gone in the Wind

Meg came home for her noon break this afternoon a little flustered.  She got out of arts and crafts late,  her sinuses were killing her, she got stuck in a long line at Crystal Flash and then spilled an entire pop in the truck on the way home.  Once she ate, rested and took some DayQuil she felt a lot better.  She does like the noon break a lot better than the evening one.  She said that it makes the day go by quicker.  

After lunch my Mom ran me to Meijer in Goshen.  Doug got a rental car today since the CRV was being fixed this week.  Therefore, he left the Pilot at Meijer for me to pick up.  After we got the car Mom and I went to Michaels to do some shopping.  I had realized when I put away the Fourth of July decorations that our front porch was pretty bare.  I found a really cute lantern and fountain at Michaels that was on sale.  Added to that were two signs that I found at Kohl's also at a discount.  In the end I felt pretty good about my purchases.  While we were in the area Mom and I decided to stop at Aldi's.  With everyone gone this week I hadn't needed very many groceries, but I did pick Cam up another twelve pack of Suds.

Tonight Doug and I went to Oakwood to eat dinner.  It was a beautiful evening to sit outside and enjoy watching the boaters on the lake.  There was also a nice breeze, so it didn't get too hot.  While we were there we ran into the Lamles.  They had come over on the lake and finished dinner about the same time we did.  We also saw Mrs. Meek.  I hadn't seen her in quite some time, so I was happy to run into her.  We spent the rest of the evening enjoying the outdoors with a bonfire.  It was a wonderful way to end a lovely night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment