Friday, June 1, 2018

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

I woke up this morning and the first thought that went through my head was, "Wow, I don't have to make lesson plans for my classes."  Although a strange feeling in all honesty it was a relief as today was the perfect one to return to my role as a stay at home mom.  I got up early to make sure Brett was up.  He had to catch a 5:45 a.m. train to the Baltimore airport.  I knew he wouldn't need me to be his alarm clock and wasn't surprised when he answered my 4:30 a.m. text immediately.  

Since I couldn't fall back asleep right away I decided to throw in a load of laundry.  I just started to nod back off when Doug stepped into the shower a little before 6.  I was back up at 8 a.m. to get Meg and Jackie on the road to Bethany.  KP invited the basketball team to go high rope climbing with her today and the girls couldn't wait.  There was a slight glitch in the waiver signing, but we got it figured out in enough time for them to stop and get a drink before they caught the bus.  I woke Cam up next as he had made plans to go golfing with my parents this morning.  

I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon picking up the house, feeding the pigs, doing laundry, running errands and packing for our trip to Bloomington.  Brett checked in once his shuttle arrived at IU.  He picked up his key to his new apartment, made sure it was in order and started moving some of his possession upstairs.  Meg and Cam were back in plenty of time to help me load the van before Doug got home from work.  While we were driving down Brett and Cal texted me to let me know that they had moved quite a bit into Brett's new place.  We were impressed by how much they were able to accomplish.  We took them to B.J.'s for dinner.  It has quickly become a family favorite.  Once we got back we all chipped in to move and unpack as much as possible tonight.  I really liked Brett's new apartment.  It is in the same building, but feels roomier, has more light, provides a better view and has new cabinets.  It was almost midnight by the time we went to bed, but it had been a great first day of my new life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment