Tuesday, June 5, 2018

CPR

I dropped Cam off at Bethany this morning for Bright Time Camp and headed to the American Red Cross in Goshen.  I had to attend a skills class to complete my CPR certification in order to renew my teacher's license.  I had already taken the online portion which I found pretty easy.  This was the fifth or sixth time that I had had to take a CPR class and I had organized the 6th graders CPR class the past two years.  In saying that I was still nervous.  I always feel kind of stupid shaking a half-body mannequin dummy and yelling "Are you OK?"  The instructor this time was awesome, however, and within an hour I was certified to give CPR, administer the Heimlich and stop someone from bleeding to death.  I was relieved it was over and happy to have my certificate in hand.  As soon as Cam and I got home I uploaded it into the Indiana Department of Education license renewal website.  I am doubtful that I will need my license, but will have it for five more years if I chose to teach again.

No comments:

Post a Comment