Monday, June 4, 2018

Summer Vacation

Even though the weather today did not feel quite like summer, our activities sure did.  Cam started Bright Time camp this morning.  This year he chose Escape Room, Chess, Tennis and Amaze-ing Math.  I ran back and forth to Bethany three times today, but didn't mind as that gave me a chance to hear all about his sessions.  He had a lot of fun in each one and learned quite a bit as well.  He can now play the Calculus students' favorite game - Sets.  Cam was home for lunch, but that was about it. As soon as camp was over he went golfing with Grandma Jane.  Doug and I then played our favorite math game with him Quixx before he headed to bed.

Meg was also involved with Bright Time camp today.  She volunteered to help Hank with the elementary soccer sessions.  She had fun and was able to see a few of her friends as well.  After soccer she went to tennis open gym.  She was the only girl, but she didn't mind.  Once it was over she ran home to change for her night out with Aaron.  They went to Elkhart to Olive Garden and then did a little shopping afterward.  They wanted me to take their pictures first.  They did look very cute!

Meg had been cleaning out her room on Sunday night.  I was finally able to help with some of that process today.  Our goal was to be done by the time Cal finished summer school as we were using his room as a holding tank for her clothes.  I believe we will make our deadline.  I was also able to start my leg exercises today.  I have made that my number one priority as I love to walk and need to strengthen my legs before I do any of that long distance.  Doug worked late tonight and got home at 7.  Since he doesn't have to be in quite so early he has been staying up later with all of us.  We really appreciate that about his new position.  Today may have not been the most exciting first day of summer vacation for others, but for me it was perfect.  It was exactly what I wanted to be doing and what I had planned on when daydreaming about the end of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment