Sunday, June 24, 2018

Back Home Again!

It was hard after a fantastic weekend in Bloomington to head home.  After Cam and Doug played tennis, a visit to Parce's and lunch at Oliver Winery we knew that it was time to go.   It was strange this morning knowing that this was our last time at Parce's apartment.  It has been a lot of fun visiting him on our frequent trips and we appreciated him letting us stay there many times over the last four years. While driving back we did make plans to return next month and stay at Brett's .  There were several plays at through IU's summer theater that I was interested in attending and Doug was up trying a few more of Bloomington's fabulous restaurants.  

Cal was asleep when we got home.  He has worked the past three nights from 6 a.m. to 2 and was thankful to have tomorrow off until I reminded him about his dentist appointment in the morning!!  Doug started mowing once we got the van unloaded, but Cal decided that he wanted to do it instead.  Thus, he was able to get a few other projects done instead while I unpacked.  Cam left with my Mom to play golf.  It was crowded, but they were able to get in nine holes.  Doug said that he would walk up to Huntington's for dinner with me.  I was glad to do it as I needed the steps.  The walk back up the hill at the high school was a challenge, but I did get my 10,000 steps in before the evening was over.  We relaxed by a bonfire when we got home, ready for some down time.  Cal and Cam got in a game of badminton before it got too dark and Meg joined us for some conversation before she headed up.  It was a nice way to end a fun packed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment