Friday, June 22, 2018

Headed to Bloomington

I spent the majority of the day getting ready for our weekend in Bloomington.  This will be the third year in a row that Doug, Meg, Cam and I have attended Taste of Bloomington.  I did have time to get in my 10,000 steps before we left.  I also was pleased to see that I had met my first weight goal - down 14 pounds.  I actually met that a week early as I had planned to lose it before we left for DC next weekend.  I even bought zero and low point snacks for the trip down hoping to stay in my point range even with all of the delicious food to try.

I tried to talk Cal into going with us, but he has to work tomorrow.  He also worked this morning from 6 a.m. to 2.  Once he got home he fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until we pulled into B-Town.  He said he didn't sleep well last night.  I was sure that he had a lot of on his mind.  He did make it down for a late dinner at Grandma's and to start Godfather 2 which they were happy about.

Meg and Cam had picked Mother Bear's for dinner well before we left Syracuse.  Brett and Cal never want to go, so it was the perfect time to eat there.  The pizza was good as always.  Our next stop was Brett's apartment.  The air conditioning wasn't in yet, but with the cool, rainy weather it didn't matter.  Doug and Cam walked to Pizza Express for breadsticks and we ended our night by watching Miss Congeniality.  It was a perfect start to an IU weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment