Friday, June 29, 2018

Another Friday, Another Day of Packing

I woke up early this morning to make sure that Cam was ready to play golf with my Dad.  They wanted to get in eighteen holes before it became too hot.  I thought beating the projected heat wave was a good idea myself and headed out the door to get in enough steps that I could make 10,000 before we left this afternoon.  Although the heat index wasn't supposed to reach 100 degrees until later in the day, it was definitely hot this morning when I was walking.  Therefore, I decided to stay in Woodland Acres for this hike.  It was nicely shaded and I had over 6500 steps before I reached my front door.  I was pretty excited when I weighed in this morning as well.  I had officially lost over sixteen pounds which was half way to my second weight goal all in a month's time.

The rest of the day was spent much as last Friday - packing, laundry, watering plants, and running errands.  Cal came home from work in the middle of the day.  He said that it was definitely hot at the golf course.  He finished helping Vicky with some projects around the home and then went to visit Hannah Marie before she left for a graduation party in Michigan.  He had to work all weekend, so he didn't seem to mind that everyone would be gone for the next couple of days.  He planned on driving the CR-V until we get back since the truck does not have air conditioning.  Cam made it home in time to pack before we left.  He was pleased with his golf round.  Meg also spent time packing, but did have time to finish her SAT practice for the week, read, play the piano and FaceTime Jackie.

The Pilot was cleaned and packed when Doug arrived at 4:30.  The drive was an easy one through Ohio.  The mountains of Pennsylvania always make me nervous, but the weather was clear which made it easier.  We drove until close to midnight.  Sundance TV was having a Law & Order marathon which we were able to watch with the DirectTv app.  That made the trip seem to fly by.  Meg and Cal have stated that we are lame for watching it, but it was entertaining.  Cam, however, appreciates our current obsession with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment