Thursday, June 14, 2018

Cleaning Day

Everyone was busy for most of the day today which left me alone all afternoon and a good portion of the evening.  Cam had a physical this morning, but once that was over he went with Grandpa Cutes to play golf at South Shore as it was a trade day.  It wasn't his best round of the week, but they were able to work on straightening his driver.  Meg and Jackie left right after lunch to go to a viewing for the mother of one of the managers on the basketball team.  It was a nice thought to have their team show support together.  Once that was over they had team camp and then 7 v 7 soccer.  The girls played Wawasee tonight.  Meg was happy with how it went especially since they won.  Northridge was another story, but that was to be expected.  Cal came home today from Bloomington.  He was happy that he'll be here the rest of the summer.  He spent his afternoon at HM's.  Doug made time to go to Meg's soccer game after work and then went to County Council.  It was well after 8:30 when he arrived.

With the house quiet except for the piano turner I decided to get some long needed cleaning done.  Doors, windows, deck and the backyard funiture were first on my agenda.  I even had time to get some laundry done and the garage and porch swept before everyone arrived.  It felt strange to have so much time to myself.  I will have to get used to that once summer ends, but with all of the projects that I have in mind, I should be able to keep busy just like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment