Saturday, June 16, 2018

Two Weeks In and I'm Loving Summer

Today was the second week of my unofficial retirement from teaching, and I enjoyed it immensely.  We all had a productive, fun and carefree seven days.  Cal finished summer school and started working at Tippy again.  Cam found success in both tennis and golf plus a couple of games of badminton.  Meg participated in soccer, tennis and basketball enjoying her teammates and their camaraderie.  She also found time to study for the SAT, read for AP Literature, and finally catch up with Liam after his two week trip to Ireland.   We heard little from Brett this week as he kept extremely busy on the hill.  From his texts and posts on social media we know that he thoroughly loved going to the congressional baseball game even if the Democrats destroyed the Republicans.  Doug made headway on several projects at work.  He also joined me on my healthy eating journey.  It has been a nice change from our old eating habits and we both found success.  I was also happy to report that I had walked 1 over 10,000 steps a day since I started tracking again on June 4th.  Overall, it has been a wonderful start to the rest of my life and I was thankful to celebrate tonight with dinner at Kelly Jae's with Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment