Friday, August 24, 2018

Starting to Feel Like Normal

Today ended the second week of school at Wawasee and I realized that I no longer even think about teaching.  If fact I had a dream that I returned to volunteer and no one even recognized me.  When I thought of all that I had accomplished in these past two weeks I was extremely happy with my decision to quit.  I was able to clean out the file cabinet which I had put off for two years.  I finally had my yearly genealogical exam only a year and a half late.  I have also cleaned the house and kept on top of the never ending laundry pile.  Our van's seats had been recalled over a year ago and they have now been fixed.  When Meg, Doug or Cam have needed me to run an errand for them I have been available.  

In short our weekends and nights have become much more relaxed as we do not have to worry about keeping up with household tasks as I can complete the majority of them during the weekdays.  We can instead enjoy soccer games or dinners out. Cam even had friends over after school and I did not become overwhelmed by having guests here.  Without being overcommitted I have been much more social activities.  Today I even found time to help my Mom with her FitBit and set up my Dad with the ability to add photo albums to FaceBook.  My daily schedule may sound mundane to the average person, but I am definitely enjoying life as a stay at home mom once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment