Friday, August 17, 2018

Game On

Brett was up early this morning and out the door by 9 a.m.  All we had left to pack before he headed out was his MacBook and television.  Brett was definitely ready to get back to Bloomington.  He had a to-do list that he wanted to complete before he started class on Monday.  He wasn't looking forward to the drive back, but overall it wasn't too bad.  He called several times on the way down just to check in and to let me know that traffic was a lot lighter than he expected.  He had his car unpacked and was on the way to the SPEA building before 2 p.m.

It was strangely quiet here once Brett left.  For the first time since June 3rd I was alone in the house for an extended period of time.  Without anything on the schedule until 2 this afternoon I decided to spend the time cleaning.  I did make time for a walk as well, but by the time I jumped in the shower this afternoon all bathrooms and bedrooms were in great shape.  My Mom came up at 2 so that we could pack the snack and drink for Cam's game.  I waited as long as possible to take it over.  It looked like it would rain and while I was driving to Bethany with our cooler in tow it did come down quite hard.  Thankfully, however, the weather did not cancel the game and our snack was much appreciated by the boys.

Mom and I left for Argos around 4.  It was a long drive, but we were excited to watch his first game.  Cameron spent the majority of the game at right full back.  He did a nice job.  The game was a close one tied 2-2 for most of the game.  Bethany had multiple times to take the lead, but just couldn't find the net.  The tie was disappointing for the boys, but I took it as a positive.  The Bruins looked very good considering that they had to replace four key players from last year including an outstanding goalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment