Sunday, August 19, 2018

Four Years Goes By in a Blink of an Eye

It was four years ago today that we got the news that Grandma Heinisch had died.  Losing one of their biggest cheerleaders has been tough on the Heinisch children.  There have been so many times since her death that I have wanted to pick up the phone and fill her in on the days happenings.  I still remember the last time I called her.  I asked her how she was feeling.  She said in her ever cheerful voice, "Much better since I am talking to you."  Those conversations are now just a memory, but ever so appreciated.  We had a lot of fun with Phil and Dan's families reminiscing about her life last weekend.  Somehow for me that made today even more sad.

I remember when my grandparents died a friend of mine said her last memory of them was listening to 1940s music in their living room.  She remarked at the time that she couldn't help but think that for them the five decades since they first heard that music must have gone by like a blink of an eye.  She was right.  Life happens quickly.  Four years has flown by since Jeanette died.  I am glad that all of us have such wonderful memories of her.  We spent so much time talking to and visiting with her those last three years of her life.  We will cherish that forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment