Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Fast Passes

I was up early this morning so that I could get our Fast Passes in order for our trip to Disney World in October.  It sounds crazy to be up before 6 a.m. to get this done, but I know from our past trips that if I do not do this we will be standing in long lines for our favorite rides.  A lot of Disney fans have complained about the new Fast Pass system, but I like it.  It does take the spontaneity out of the trip, but as someone who enjoys having our vacations organized ahead of time it is perfect for me.  I know that exactly sixty days before we arrive that I have to login first thing in the morning to set up our plans, but after that I do not have to worry about what we will be doing on which days.  Because I didn't have to get ready for school at the same time this year, I was also able to completely fill out an itinerary for the week including an afternoon at Disney Springs, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, evening fireworks and a morning of Fantasia mini-golf.

Even with all of the planning and the early morning wake up call, we still couldn't get Fast Passes for the new Slinky Dog roller coaster in Toy Story Land.  Those were already taken.  Doug was surprised, but from past experience with Avatar I wasn't.  It just means that we will have to be up early the day that we go to Hollywood Studios and make our way to their most popular ride first.  Waiting for one roller coast will be easier especially knowing that we have Fast Passes for the rest of our favorites that day - Star Tours, Rock N Roller Coast and Toy Story Mania.  Vacations for many are a time to take it easy without much of a schedule.  I am thankful that the Heinisch family has never operated that way.  It makes our trips to Disney World so much better as I never have to worry that we are missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment