Sunday, August 26, 2018

A Typical Heinisch Family Sunday

Today was a typical Sunday in the Heinisch family.  It started at 9:30 mass with Cam as altar server, Meg participating in the readings and Doug ushering.  After mass I had several parishioners stop me to tell me how beautiful Meg looked and how much Cam had grown during the past year.  It was nice to know that others had noticed both of them.

Once we got home, Doug headed out to mow.  I helped Meg complete her requirements for IU's admissions department.  It has been a daunting process, but I feel that we have now finished everything they have asked of her.  Meg hung out with Liam afterward watching movies and going to dinner.  Cameron spent the afternoon golfing with Grandpa Cutes.  Maxwelton was closed due to the heavy rains that we have received the past two days.  They decided to try Black Squirrel.  Cam played the front nine well shooting in the low 40s.  He even saw Breece while he was there.  With everyone busy I had a chance to talk to Cal and Brett this afternoon.  They had a fantastic first week.  Both reported that this would be a busy semester, but they felt up to the task.

Tonight Doug grilled out and my parents joined us for dinner.  Afterward he started a bonfire while we played a few games of corn hole.  The highlight of the night was a rousing game of "Oh Hell!"  It was by far my favorite card game as a teenager, and it was fun to get it back out.  It was a close match, but in the end Doug was declared the winner (to a resounding round of boos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment