Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Day with Cameron

Meg was busy today with her soccer team.  They first went to the Indiana Dunes for a team workout that included sprints and a two mile run.  Afterward they were given time to hang out on the beach together.  From there they drove to Chicago to watch the USA women's soccer team play Brazil.  From the pictures that they took, Meg had a great time.  The Kings offered to keep the girls when they got back to Elkhart, so once I dropped Meg off in the morning I didn't see her again except on Instagram.  Although it was an exhausting trip, Meg did really enjoy the team bonding part of the day.

With Meg busy and Cal with his friends Cam and I found it the perfect day to go back to school shopping and finally see the movie Skyscraper.  Our time at Target was short.  Cam's only real need was a backpack.  He was happy with an orange and gray one.  I liked it too!  I let him pick the lunch spot.  He chose a Whopper, and I stuck with my tuna and applesauce.  Our next stop was the carwash.    Just like Meg he felt that I was crazy for vacuuming a clean car.

Skyscraper came out in June.  Cam and I really wanted to see it, but hadn't found the time.  Cal talked about going with us, but after the reviews, he opted out.  I was glad that we didn't read Rotten Tomatoes  before we left because Cam and I absolutely loved the movie.  Of course I had my eyes closed on all of the elevated parts.  My favorite moment was when both Cam and I thought a dinosaur was breaking through a wall.  Guess Jurassic World was still on our minds.  Either way it was a lot of fun and as we were the only two in the theater, we got a private showing.

I dropped Cam off at the golf course after the movie.  He wanted to see if he could better his 81 from yesterday.  I went to Mom's to help at the garage sale so that she could play with him.  Although he didn't beat his best score of the season he was able to finish eighteen before soccer practice.  It was a busy day for him, but a lot of fun trying to stretch our summer days out as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment