Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Busy Week at Home

At the end of today Brett told me that this was by far the most relaxing day he has had since he came home last Friday.  I had to laugh as originally he told me he was going to do some campaign work yesterday and today as well.  I was glad that he cancelled that activity as he had packed in a lot of activities in a short period of time. From lunches and dinners with friends and family to shopping, game playing, packing, sorting, cleaning and organizing it was a busy week.  We even added to his plans by taking him to DeKalb, scheduling a passport photo, playing Catan, and having him attend Meg's soccer game.  I was exhausted today just thinking about his week.

Brett did have a wonderful day today.  He and I ate lunch at my parents before he gave them a pictorial tour of the US Capitol.  We also went to the winery and packed his belongings for tomorrow's trip back to Bloomington.  I was finally able to add iMessage to his MacBook, something I had been working on for several days.  We ended the evening with quality time at home ordering Pizza King and participating in a rematch of Catan.  It was a great week having Brett here.  It will be a lot easier saying goodbye tomorrow, knowing that we will see him again in three weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment