Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Last of the First Days



Today was Meg's last time of being in a first day picture.  It was sad when I thought of it that way, but it was time to get her senior year started.  She left early to participate in crazy park Tuesday.  I was thankful that she let me take a picture before she pulled out of the driveway.  Since she was had to be at school early I took Cameron.  I was glad to do it.  This morning his picture showed up on my Facebook page from his first day of 5th grade at Bethany.  I couldn't believe the change in him over the past three years.  I realized when I saw it that there have definitely been times this summer that I have still thought of him as that ten year old.  Cal said he agreed with that.  We also decided that Meg hadn't changed that much over the years as evident in her kindergarten picture.

After I dropped Cam off I walked on the path at Bethany.  From start to finish I got in over 6500 steps.  That felt great.  I stopped at home to shower before my haircut.  I talked Amanda into cutting it shorter than she had the past few times.  I really liked it.  The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Cal and cleaning Meg and Cam's rooms.  They both had practice tonight and although tired when they got home they had plenty of positives to share about their day.  I was glad to hear that it went well.  Doug pulled in right behind them and almost immediately he, Cal and Cam headed to the golf course.  I was happy that the rain held off for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment