Friday, August 31, 2018

A Day of Positives

Forty-one years today my brother died in our home.  It was such a horrible experience that I try not to think about it.  Therefore, it was really nice that my Aunt Vicky sent my Mom flowers to honor his memory.  As our family has always gotten my Mom something on Bunk's birthday in October, I was thankful that she had something beautiful to brighten her home on such a sad memory day.

Because of the date I thought that today would be the perfect one to follow Brett's lead and focus on the positives of today instead:

1)  Cam had the perfect outfit for crayon day in band (top color must match bottom color) and the opening weekend of IU football!! As Mr. Willems told Cam when I dropped him off at Bethany, “Who could have a bad day dressed like that!!”

2)  Meg had a migraine in the night and had to go in late this morning.  It sounds like a negative, but in reality it was a positive as we got to talk for quite awhile before she headed out.

3)  I am down three more pounds in my losing weight quest and am well below my October goal.

4)  Doug got out of work early and neither Cam or Meg had practice.  Thus, we were able to leave for Bloomington before 4:30.

5)  We had a fantastic dinner at Lenny's with Cal, Brett, Meg and Cam.


No comments:

Post a Comment