Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Career High

Tonight the Bethany girls played at West Noble winning easily 5-0.  Meg had a fantastic game scoring two goals, the first of which was completely awesome.  She not only trapped a pass from her teammate, but she got around her defender and scored with her left foot.  We were impressed.  I missed the second half as I had to leave to pick up Cameron at the middle school girls' volleyball at Bethany.  I had just walked into the gym Doug called to report that she had scored again.  We were both thrilled for her as that put her tied as the leading scorer on Bethany's team and set a career high six goals for her in one season.  She said that her new goal will be ten for this year.

As proud as we were of Meg there were many frustrations to go along with the game.  As well as Meg played she was in the least of time among the starters.  That seems to be the norm this season which has been disappointing for her.  Meg and Doug had some great conversations about it on the way home from the game and have a plan for the future.  Ultimately, I don't know why Meg plays less than other starters.  It could be that her coach doesn't recognize her talent; he could also want to promote other players, or maybe he just doesn't gel with Meg.  As I cannot control any of these issues and I do not want to become upset or anxious at the games, I have decided that in the end it will be best for me to bring a book.  That way I can watch her and her group of friends when she is on the field and catch up on my reading when she is not.  I have already made a list of books that I want to finish this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment