Friday, August 10, 2018

A Quiet Day at Home

After 8:30 this morning our day was pretty quiet compared to the rest of the week.  Our commitments were minimal and I was able to spend a lot of time catching up and getting ready for the weekend.  Before 8:30 I spent an hour looking for Cal's social security card.  I had it after we got back from the post office on Wednesday, but couldn't find it anywhere.  I did a thorough search of the house and even went through the garbage.  I went back through the files one last time and I finally spotted it.  I had put it away, but in the wrong slot.  I was relieved.

Even though I spent the majority of the day working on projects I did get to spend time with Cal and Brett.  First, Cal and I went to Vicky's to load up all of the wood left at her house from the garage sales.  We also picked up sticks in the yard and after he got back from golfing, we watched Tiger at the PGA.  Brett had breakfast with Curt Nisley this morning and met another friend for dinner this evening.  In between he and I worked on organizing his possessions and went to lunch at Shopoff's.  I enjoyed the conversation while we ate, but not sure I would go back after watching the clientele and the wait staff.

Tonight Doug and I met Cam and Meg at Bethany for their open house.  They ate pizza from Little Caesar's and spent time with their friends.  The highlight for them was the dunk tank.  Cam just missed dousing Mr. Kauffman, but Meg made sure to soak Biz multiple times.  We attended the senior parent meeting before heading home.  I was impressed with how involved Mr. Buller planned to be with the seniors as they fill out college applications and get ready for graduation.  The end of our evening revolved around packing for our trip to DeKalb tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment