Tuesday, August 21, 2018

I Did It!!

When I started Weight Watchers on June 3rd I set a goal of losing 33.6 pounds.  I chose that amount as I wanted to weigh what I had when I began teaching six years ago.  More importantly, however, I  wanted to feel better.  I was thrilled this morning when I stepped on the scale and realized that I have met my goal.  I couldn't believe it.  I had originally hoped to make it by the time we left for Florida on October 21st.  Instead I had reached it exactly two months early.  It took a lot of dedication, planning and support from my family and parents.  Doug went the extra mile by joining my weight loss journey, cooking healthy foods and encouraging me along the way.  His goal was less as he had less to lose, but he was happy to report that he had lost the fifteen pounds that he wanted to last week.

Doug and I went to dinner tonight to celebrate our hard work.  Neither of us plan on changing our newfound eating habits.  I have even set another goal of losing ten more pounds by November 15th.  With the amount of walking that I have been doing this summer and the points program of Weight Watchers I believe that it is possible.  That would put me at my lowest weight in ten years.  I'd take that as a 50th birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment