While we were driving yesterday, our afternoon entertainment was listening to the finals of The World Cup between Argentina and Spain. Doug was hoping that Argentina would win as he was a fan of Messi and I was rooting for Spain, mostly because Cora had Spain and we had a girls' alliance in the Heinisch family pool after a lot of trash talking from the guys occurred in the beginning of the tournament. The hype around the game was big outside of our family as well because it was the first time that two Spanish speaking countries had played each other in the final since 1966.
Thankfully, the game lived up to the hype and even though it was low scoring with Spain winning 1-0, it was still very exciting. It also kept Doug and I entertained on our long drive. Although, I had been pulling for Meg's England team to win in the final four, I was still very happy that Cora won our pool's $50. The best part for me, however, was all of the family texts back and forth throughout the tournament. It was a great way to keep in touch and made the World Cup even more fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment