It was a sad day for Phil today, because he had to put his beloved Molly down. She had been his constant companion for the last 14 years, and I know that it had to be very difficult for him. Molly had started having health problems a little over a year ago, but just recently had stopped eating. Phil spent as much time as possible with her the last two weeks and had even taken her on a walk this morning before she collapsed.
I called and checked on Phil a couple of times throughout this past week and had even offered to go with him to the vet when it was her time. He chose to do that alone but let us know as soon as it was over. It will be strange to talk to Phil and not ask about Molly. I am so glad that he decided to walk dogs at the rescue center this spring. That will make this time a little bit easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment