Thursday, July 16, 2026

A Much Needed Visit

I enjoyed a very laid-back morning and afternoon today.  I hung out at Brett and Karen's reading and working on my computer in the morning.  In the afternoon I went to Kohl's and found four shirts that I absolutely loved.  Afterward I chatted with Karen for a while when she wasn't on a work call and was extremely thankful for a day of rest.

Tonight, I met Paula in McCordsville for dinner and a fun evening at her home.  She took me to a restaurant near her that was right on the lake.  The food was great and I loved the atmosphere.  The best part was talking to Paula.  It was so nice to share things with a friend that understood me so well. She not only listened but helped me to feel better about all that was going on in my life right now.  She knew exactly what to say and I left dinner feeling so much better than I had a couple of days ago.

After dinner, Paula and I went back to her house for the rest of the evening.  I was happy to see Gabrielle was home from work when we got there.  She told us all about her day in the research lab and her thoughts about being an anthropology major.  I loved her stories as I had taken anthropology classes at IU and found them to be extremely fascinating as well.  It was also nice to see how happy she was.  Before I left, Paula showed me her new backyard project complete with a pool, new landscaping and the perfect patio.  I cannot wait to see the finished project when I return in September.  


No comments:

Post a Comment