Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Fourteen Years and Still Going Strong




This post popped up on my memories today and it made me smile instantly.  I absolutely loved our 2012 Honda Odyssey and was happy to know that it was still going strong.  It had seen a lot in its fourteen years.  It was the last car that we bought when all four children lived at home, it had moved each one of them to college and would have been the last car that Grandma Heinisch knew for our family.  The van had not only made numerous trips in the Midwest, but it had also been to Washington DC, Boston, Maine, Vermont, Niagara Falls, Texas, Orlando, Tennessee, and Wisconsin as well.  The Odyssey had known me as a driver for nine of those years, Cameron for four and now Karen for almost one.  It overheard more conversations between our children and I than I could ever count and has truly become an important part of our family.  I know that one day we will have to say goodbye, but not thankfully, not today.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment