Monday, July 27, 2026

Walking Buddies

One of my absolute favorite places to go to in Ocala is Sholom Park. I found it shortly after Doug started traveling here for work and I have visited it at least once every week ever since then. The park is absolutely beautiful and the perfect place to be on a hot day especially with their shaded walking paths. It’s also very well maintained, and I love to see all of the people out enjoying the park just as much as I do on my walks.

One of the best parts about the park is all of the wildlife that I encounter while I am there. Today, eight turkeys and one egret greeted me as I walked along the paths. The turkeys make me laugh every time I see them as they love the park, but hate being close to people.  Watching them run (waddle) away from everyone is just so funny. The pond always brings in some type of waterfall and although it is usually a grey heron, today’s bird was a beautiful white egret looking for minnows or a lizard or two. I know that a lot of town and cities have a nice park or walking path to enjoy, but I think Sholom Park is one of the most gorgeous that I have ever seen.  It reminds me of God's glory and how wonderful life is here in Florida.





No comments:

Post a Comment