Doug and I were up early this morning so that he could catch his flight in Cleveland. The drive was extremely easy as the airport was right off of the tollway. Since it was smaller than Indianapolis, Doug had no problem getting through security and to his gate in plenty of time for take off. While he read several chapters of The Count of Monte Cristo, I headed back to Toledo.
Cameron was ready for lunch when I arrived. He picked a place in Perrysburg that we saw on our last trip to Toledo. It was a cute little diner and both of us chose a delicious albeit greasy meal to try. Although downtown Perrysburg was still under construction, we could see the charm in the Toledo suburb complete with restaurants, coffee houses and antique stores. We both felt that it would be a lot nicer place to live than in the heart of the Glass City.
After lunch, we looked for a miniature golf place and were pleased to see one within 10 minutes of the restaurant. On our way, Cameron had me drive-through several parks near the Maumee river. They were absolutely beautiful.
We played mini-golf in a rural area of Perrysburg with corn fields surrounding us. It reminded me a lot of Northern Indiana. The course was perfect for the two of us and had Ohio trivia question on each hole. Cameron ended up beating me by two in mini-golf, but I took him in trivia. It was so much fun.
Once we finished, Cameron and I drove to several other local spots so he could show me what he had been doing these last few months. We talked a lot about Toledo, Owens Corning, and starting his senior year. It was so nice to spend a laid-back afternoon hanging out with him. I was sad to drop him back off at his apartment tonight, but incredibly thankful for the wonderful weekend in Ohio.
No comments:
Post a Comment