Sunday, July 5, 2026

A Wonderful 4th of July for All

Our Fourth of July/Doug’s birthday celebration ended the way all good for Fourth of July weekends should with a big screen showing of the movie Jaws. It has been a family tradition for longer than I can remember and I look forward to it more and more each year. Cameron let us know this weekend that he had never seen Jaws 2, so we added that to our list of things to do with him in August when he visits us in Florida.



Doug and I weren’t the only ones enjoying the Fourth of July weekend. Brett and Karen hosted her parents and the four of them had a wonderful time walking in the holiday parade. They also went to Brown County, played games and watched movies as well. Cal and Maggie spent the weekend in Michigan with her family. Unfortunately, a storm knocked out power for several days. That changed some of their plans, but they still had a great time anyway. Meg not only visited us on Doug‘s birthday but went to a CeeLo Green concert with a friend. I was glad to hear that she still had fun even though Nick was in the Midwest for training this holiday weekend. Cameron went to Fishers and hung out with Cora‘s family. They had neighborhood fireworks as well and made some really fun holiday drink drinks.






I missed the boys a lot this weekend but was so glad to hear that they all had a wonderful Fourth of July celebrating America's 250th. I was also very thankful to have Doug and Meg here in Ocala. It made the weekend a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment