Last month, Cherie emailed the group of teachers from Milford Middle School that had all hung out together when I was teaching to see if we wanted to have a weekend get-together at her home sometime this summer. She threw out this past weekend as a date that she had open. After several people answered that they couldn't do a weekend, but a dinner out would work, I decided to respond. I gave everyone the dates that I would be in Northern Indiana this summer and said that if any of those worked, I would be able to make dinner. Right away everyone answered that last night was the perfect evening to meet and I put it on my calendar.
I hadn't gone out to dinner with this group in well over a year and hadn't seen some of the women for several more. None of that seemed to matter because as soon as we met, it was like the past eight years since I quit teaching melted away. We caught up on each other's families, work situation, and life since Milford Middle School was disbanded three years ago. There had been a lot of changes, but the most important part stayed the same - our friendship. Overall, it was a wonderful night filled with shared memories, a lot of laughs and the familiar support that I always felt with this group. I couldn't ask anything more.

No comments:
Post a Comment