Thursday, September 19, 2024

Start of a New Year

Tonight, the general meetings of the Catholic women’s group that I belong to began for the year.  I was excited about it as I really enjoyed being a part of the group last year.  I arrived early to set up and found the apple theme a lot of fun.  I was introduced as the new treasurer for the year, went over the budget  with everyone and collected dues.  It was nice to get started and see a lot of friendly faces.

I do have a few concerns about being a part of the group this year.  The meetings have been extended to two hours with very little social time.  That’s a big change for me from last year as the social time was my favorite part.  I also don’t have as much time at night to spend at meetings.  The board meetings have run long and several times have extended to the three hour mark.  I would like to continue to be an active part of the group, but am afraid that the timing will change my participation level.  Tonight, everyone was extremely supportive when I found out that I had to leave at 7:30.  That will really help me in the long run.  Overall, however, I really enjoyed the group tonight and am looking forward to a great year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment