Monday, September 23, 2024

Saugatuck

After checking in on my mom and dad, Doug and I left for Saugatuck this morning.  It was one of the few things that Doug asked to do this week that didn't have to do with our family and I was excited that we were able to fit it in our schedule.  We had planned on going to New Holland Brewing Company for lunch before shopping in Saugatuck, but they were closed on Mondays.  Thankfully, Doug's next choice was open and soon we were seated at Founders Brewing Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Doug picked their Oktoberfest to sample and I ordered soft pretzels and a vegetable dish to share.  All were excellent and we had a lot of fun talking about past trips that we had taken to Michigan together and with our family.  Doug purchased an Oktoberfest shirt before we headed out.

It was a little bit chilly when we started our day, but the sunshine warmed up the afternoon to the upper 60s by the time we got to Saugatuck.  We spent the entire afternoon walking up and down the streets shopping and trying different foods.  I found the greatest Christmas gift for Brett that I can't wait to give him.  We also purchased fudge for my parents after sampling a few pieces and getting ice cream.  Doug stopped at New Holland Spirits and I found some great drinks to take home.  We left in time to get back to Syracuse for dinner, but had a lot of fun on our day trip and enjoyed it very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment