Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Oh S*#%!

Dan called me this afternoon on his way into work. He had taken a half day off to be home for a washer and dryer to be installed. I really enjoy talking to Dan He calls frequently to keep me abreast of what his family is up to and to check on what is happening in Florida.

Dan was in the middle of a story today when all of a sudden I heard “Oh S*#%!”  I was a little worried at first that maybe he had hit something. He quickly told me that he had just gotten pulled over. I felt terrible for him and hung up right away. Dan called back later to let me know that he had gotten a ticket. True to his personality, he made a joke, told a story and started talking about his day at work.

I told Doug, Meg, and Cameron the story later that day. They thought it was funny and were relieved that it wasn’t them getting the ticket. My dad called tonight and I told him that I had been talking to Dan when all of a sudden I heard “Oh S*#%!”  I barely got the words out of my mouth, when my dad said “Oh, a speeding ticket, huh?”  He never even considered that it would be anything else. Years of experience and traffic tickets of long ago made my dad realize exactly what I would say next. That made me laugh harder than Dan getting a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment