Saturday, November 11, 2023

The Tiki Bar

I was up early for 8 a.m. mass this morning.  BTCCW was hosting a spiritual retreat at 9 and encouraged the group to attend mass beforehand.  The service was nice and the breakfast before the retreat was delicious.  The theme of the morning was "How do I See Me? vs How Does God See Me?"  I sat with a wonderful group of ladies, was moved by the spiritual lessons, appreciated the music selections and had a lot of fun listening to our "guest" speaker, Father Mike.  It was such an uplifting morning and I was so glad to have been a part of it.

I arrived home in time for the IU football game.  Doug and I were excited about the Hoosiers chances of beating Illinois after their win against Wisconsin.  IU kept it close and sent it to overtime on an awesome drive in the fourth quarter.  Unfortunately, that's where it ended for the Hoosiers as they could only convert on a field goal during the extra minutes, while the Illini ran it in for a touchdown.  I was very sad as that ended the Hoosiers chance for a bowl bid this year and also most likely ended Tom Allen's coaching career at IU.  We had enjoyed watching him over the past five years, but his teams lately had really under achieved.  

The afternoon wasn't a total loss as the Tiki Bar from Wayfair arrived.  Doug agreed to help me put it together in the second half of the football game and with five minutes to go in the fourth quarter we had finished it.  It wasn't easy to put together, so I really appreciated the extra hands.  We moved it out onto the patio and loved how it looked.



Phil and Mollie visited tonight.  We all enjoyed nachos on the patio and a bonfire afterward.  It was a beautiful night.  I never thought that I would enjoy a backyard as much as I did in Syracuse, but this one is really starting to have the same appeal.  It looks very nice, is secluded and is the perfect set up for our family.  The best part is - NO leaves to rake.


No comments:

Post a Comment