Monday, November 27, 2023

The Day After

I appreciated that Meg stayed an extra day this weekend or I would have really been sad on Saturday.  Instead, I had one more day to hang out with her and enjoy the very last minutes of Thanksgiving break.  We went shopping in Orlando and had lunch before I dropped her off at the airport.  It was the perfect way to say goodbye to the holiday and to look forward to Christmas vacation.

Today wasn't quite as bad as I expected it to be.  I spent my time putting away the Thanksgiving decorations and picking up the house from all of the visitors.  I talked to Brett, Cameron and Meg.  They all had easy flights home and a good start to the work/school week.  Cal didn't call, but he did text me to let me know that he made it safely, had enjoyed his mini-vacation and was already catching up on work.  

To make the day after a holiday break a little bit better, I started planning our time together at Christmas.  Everyone was coming back to Florida, but I thought that this time we would come up with a two day get away for all of us.  At first, I thought that it would be easy.  Everyone was interested in going to Universal, so I checked the cost for two days in the parks and an overnight stay.  I was shocked that the cost was double what I thought it would be, so I decided to research a different trip.  Doug had told me that some one at work had highly recommended St. Augustine to him.  As soon as I saw the top ten list of things to do, I was ready to book a trip - Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth, Old Town Jail Museum, St. Augustine Distillery Tour and Ripley's Believe It or Not were just a few of the activities that I saw.  I knew that it was perfect for our family.  Thankfully, everyone agreed.  The best part was that I would have something fun to look forward to instead of being sad that our time together was over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment