Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Day One of Thanksgiving Break

After arriving late last night, Brett, Cameron and I enjoyed a relaxing break at home this morning challenging each other to an Atari battle.  Brett topped us in Donkey Kong while Cameron won Missile Command and I reached the high score in Space Invaders.  Doug arrived home just as we finished and offered to take us to Tijuana Flats for lunch.  Cameron couldn't believe that we hadn't eaten at Doug's favorite restaurant in over a month.  It was nice to eat outside and make plans with the boys for the next few days.




Doug worked from home this afternoon while Cameron, Brett and I set up the pickle ball net in the driveway.  We played several games before Doug joined us for doubles after he finished his phone calls.  Cameron and I took on he and Brett in three extremely close matches.  Cameron and I ended up the winners, but that didn't matter as we all had fun playing.  



Before we left for the Shuckin' Shack, I opened up my birthday gifts from the boys.  Cameron surprised me with a Tiki Totem that lit up and Brett gave me a Tiki Terrace candle.  They were perfect for our Tiki bar.  Afterward, Brett got to try his first raw oyster out of the shell.  He wasn't as big of a fan of it as Doug and Cameron were.  After dinner, we met Phil back at the house where the guys played Cataan on the lanai and I watched Dancing with the Stars.  I called Meg multiple times during the night to get her opinion on Taylor Swift night.  In the end, we were both happy as the Swifties united to vote out Harry Jowsey.  It was a great way to end a wonderful first day of Thanksgiving break.












No comments:

Post a Comment