Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Christmas Decorating in Florida

I noticed last year when we were in Florida during the month of December that there were more outside decorations here than in Indiana.  In fact, we saw yards that were completely filled with different lighted holiday characters.  This year has started the same way and I have enjoyed watching the light shows grow day by day in our neighborhood.

I began decoration our home today and was surprised at how much fun I was having.  I usually dreaded holiday decorating, but this year felt different.  It could have been because I got to find new places for our stockings, Santas collection and music boxes.  It could also have been because I bought some new decorations that I was excited about displaying.  I really think, however, it was because the weather, 70s and sun, was perfect for it.  I could work inside or out and not have to worry about the cold or wind.  It was the first time that I had put up all of the decorations outside myself with only a little help from Doug.  He normally had to do it, because it was too cold for me.  When I sent pictures out to everyone tonight, I was proud of how the house looked.  Now all I needed to do was finish the Christmas tree and decorating for our first Christmas in Florida would be complete.











No comments:

Post a Comment