Friday, November 10, 2023

Home

Doug and I left Syracuse yesterday at 1 p.m. to head home.  We hoped to make it past Atlanta before we stopped, so that we wouldn't have to deal with that city's traffic during rush hour.  The trip went by fairly quickly.  We listened to Halloween and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves on the Rewatchables, Pearl Jam radio, and had the Bears game on as well.  I worked on my blog, our finances and helped Doug make a list of old movies that he wanted to watch.  I also added some new ones and my Dad had suggested some classic thrillers as well.  We had a pretty good sized list when we finished.  

By the time we stopped at 12:45 a.m. I was ready to get out of the Pilot.  We didn't make very many stops this time and had Subway to eat in the car.  I did enjoy sending pictures to our family group chat of one of our pitstops.  I had some very good "suggestions" on what to get Doug for Christmas from Bucc-ee's.  





We were back on the road by 8 a.m. this morning.  I was very thankful that it was only four and a half hours home.  Doug had multiple phone calls to make, so we didn't really listen to much on the radio.  We stopped once at the Florida rest area.  I needed a break and was thankful for the warm sunshine.  As I stepped out of the car, I finally realized what my sweater had smelled like when I was at Brett's.  I kept asking him if smelled strange.  Neither of us could pinpoint it.  Now I knew what it was - it was the smell of Florida - sand, palms, the wind, and ocean all rolled into one.  It didn't matter how far we lived from the gulf, the smell of it was everywhere in the state and I loved it.



We arrived home at 12:30.  Doug helped unload the car and then went straight to work.  I unpacked for awhile, but finally realized that I needed a nap.  I slept for about an hour and felt a lot better.  We picked up Phil at 5:45.  He had suggested The Yellow Pony Bar and Grill at the World Equestrian Center for dinner.  We were very excited to try it, but the wait was well over an hour.  We made plans to come back and then headed to Red Robin.  Phil had never been and wanted to try it as well.  We were seated right away and enjoyed our food.  It was a nice way to spend our first evening back in Ocala.    




No comments:

Post a Comment