Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Block Out the Hate

I have realized over the past year that I just can't stand anything that is negative.  I don't think about things that were hurtful from the past.  I don't ever try to remember times when I was hurt or insecure.  There's nothing beneficial about those memories, so I leave them buried deep in my mind.  I avoid all situations that might make me sad, mad or feel bad.  

Because I have spent so much time avoiding negativity in my own life, it is hard for me to listen to others talk about times that they were upset, mad or treated wrong.  Meg calls them haters and that's a perfect description.  Some people just love to hate.  It seems that the more someone likes something, the more the detesters loathe it.  

I know that I cannot control what others say or do, but I can manage how I handle the negativity of others.  I can ignore them, avoid them or confront them.  I can also talk less about what I really like so that others only put down things that I don't care about.  Movies, shows, songs, and sports are all safe topics.  My family, friends and myself are not.  It's going to take some work, but I know that staying positive and avoiding the negativity will really help.  This time of the year is full of so much love and joy.  It should make it a lot easier to block out the hate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment