Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Celebrating #55 a Week Early

The weather was a little bit gloomy, but I still had a nice day in Indiana.  I first checked out Cameron's letterman's jacket.  We had given it to Susie Butler in August so that she could add Cameron's new patches and chevrons to it.  It had taken a lot longer than we had expected.  Doug talked to Susie in late September and the issue was the thickness of the leather on the arms of the jacket.  She had to order a special needle just to sew the chevrons on to them.  Thankfully, she was able to finish it and my mom picked it up for us last week.  I was glad to finally have it back.  For whatever reason, I had developed an irrational fear that it would get lost in the shuffle.  






After lunch, my mom and I headed to Goshen.  I wanted to spend my last Menards rebate and she needed a few items from Walmart.  Our trip was a success.  I found new PS4 controllers for Cameron and a garden hose "planter" for me.  We also picked up Meg's engagement photos and dropped off a few things at the Depot.  

Tonight, we celebrated my 55th birthday a week early.  It was hard to believe that it was already November 8th and that in one week I would be halfway through my fifth decade.  I opened my presents first and absolutely loved the flamingo Christmas pillow and flamingo light up Christmas decoration for our front yard. They were perfect for me.  After carrot cake dessert, we played a round of Oh Hell.  I still didn't win, but finally got out of the basement.  It was a fun night and I appreciated the celebration very much.  






No comments:

Post a Comment