Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Projects Completed Times Two

On Monday, the landscapers finally returned to finish our landscaping makeover.  It took a lot longer to complete than we were promised, but after seeing the end results I couldn't complain too much.  Plus, they didn't ask us to pay until it was all done.  I had definitely given up hope that it would ever be finished, so when they pulled up at 1:30 today, I couldn't believe it.  The landscaper did not have enough white rock when he first arrived, and thought about coming back tomorrow.  I explained that we had been waiting since October and would love it if it was done today.  He called his boss, who thankfully agreed with me.  The pink rock around the palm tree was the perfect touch and I was thrilled with the result.





Besides replanting the pineapples growing around our house, moving some dirt and being patient, the landscaping project wasn't too taxing for Doug or I.  The second project that was completed was a lot more challenging for me.  During the moving process, I fell very far behind in keeping up with my blog.  By the time we arrived in Florida, I was more than two months behind.  I tried to catch up while unpacking the house, but only made minimal progress.  I thought about throwing in the towel and starting over.

When we left for Indiana on November 2nd, I told myself that it was now or never.  While Doug was driving, I started typing.  It would have been easier to just start with November 1st, but so much had happened over the past two months that I didn't want to eliminate that from my blog.  I set goals on the drive - 5 blogs a day turned into ten and soon I had half of the month of September completed by the time we reached Bloomington.  While I was in Syracuse, I finished the entire month and decided that fifteen days in October would be my goal on the drive home.

I not only reached my goal by the time we pulled into Ocala, I finished a few more days as well.  I worked on my blog some more this weekend, trying my best to finish the month while still enjoying time with Doug.  Sunday night, I finally put down the computer when I published my blog for October 31st.  I told Doug that I planned on writing four blogs a day until I completely caught up on Thursday of this week.  He was not surprised when I changed my timeline again.  I took advantage of movie night last evening and wrote six more days.  That's when I decided that I would spend the entire day today catching up.  It was a tall order as I was getting our Christmas cards addressed to send as well.  I wanted to make sure that they were mailed out this week so that everyone would have our new address before they sent out their own cards.  The goal was a little bit lofty, but last night, just before Dancing with the Stars began, I put my computer down.  I was finally completely caught up on my blog and had addressed over sixty Christmas cards as well.  My hands were aching, but my heart was full.  That was one big project to have finished and I was really proud of myself for sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment