Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Dancing with the Stars

Doug called to say that he had to work late tonight, which worked out well as I had made plans to go to dinner with Paula.  She picked Los Torres for our meal and I was impressed with their updated tables and chairs since the last time I had been there.  I had a lot of fun talking with her about Meg's dress event last night, Gabrielle's plans to take the bar exam, Alex's adventures in California, the success of her professional development program and our new life in Florida.  On our way out, we stopped to talk to one of my favorite students and her mom.  Although, I had kept up with her through her mother's Facebook posts, it was very nice to see her in person and find out her plans after high school.  

Doug was home enjoying my mom's corned beef for dinner when I arrived.  IU was playing its first game of the season.  There were a lot of new faces that I didn't recognize.  The team looked very green, but ended up beating Florida Golf Coast by 8.  

Basketball was not foremost on my mind tonight.  It was Tuesday, so that meant a new episode of Dancing with the Stars would be airing this evening.  As soon as the IU game was over, I logged into Disney to catch up with the action.  I had been making Doug watch with me since the second night of the season, but my parents had never seen an entire episode.  The show's theme for the night was "music video night" and I loved all of the songs that were chosen.  Take On Me and I'm Still Standing were just a few of my favorites, especially since Jason Mraz and Barry Williams were dancing in them.  The night ended with a group dance and a shocking vote.  Every week, Meg and I have been waiting for Harry to get voted out, but he keeps on surviving.  This week's victim was LeLe.  She danced wonderfully, finishing in the middle of the pack with the judges, but didn't get enough of the fan vote to survive.  Doug said that I couldn't complain as she had danced better than Barry, and he remained alive for the same reason.  I knew that he was right as I had not only voted for him on my phone, but on Doug's, Grandma's and Grandpa's as well.  It was Greg Brady, however,  so I could justify it.  I realize soon that he will probably be the one saying goodbye, but for now I will just enjoy the weekly show and vote as many times as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment