Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Last of Our Florida Moving To Do List

This week, we were finally able to finish our moving to-do list.  On Tuesday, Doug and I met with a local lawyer to change our will.  It not only made sense because of our move, but also because Cameron was officially an adult.  We no longer had to make provisions for him as a minor or for his college tuition.  We set that up when we sold our home.  We also could take out anything special for Meg as she had graduated.  Thus, it was pretty easy and straight forward.  I only had to make sure that we had the correct beneficiaries on our accounts and life insurance policies.  

Today, I finished the last item that we needed to accomplish from our move when I filed for our Florida homestead exemption.   It was also very easy and I finished well before 9 a.m. this morning.  Since I had already visited the lab for blood tests, I had the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted.  I don't usually have the Pilot for the entire day, so I took full advantage of it.  I stopped at Target, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby all before lunch.  I shopped at Bealls in the afternoon, bought groceries at Walmart and picked up Lee's Famous Chicken for lunch.  By the time I picked up Doug from work at 5 p.m., I was completely exhausted, but happy, as we were officially done with our moving to-do list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment