Monday, November 20, 2023

Out of My Control

Everything that I was in charge of today went very well.  On the flip side, everything that I was not in control of, did not.  During the day, I was still able to complete everything on my to-do list, but it did get pretty frustrating at times.  Waiting twenty-five minutes at the post office this afternoon and 15 minutes at the car wash wasn't the best part of my day, but I did mail my package, run errands and have a clean house and car by the time I had to leave to pick up Brett and Cameron at the Orlando airport.  

After a busy day, I had hoped for a relaxing ride tonight.  My Apple map said that I be at my destination at 10:06 which left me plenty of time to find parking before the boys arrived at 10:30.  Construction, semi trucks and a lot of traffic on the road slowed me down, however, and soon the time on my map read 10:12.  I was in a complete panic once I got to the airport as cars were parked on the side of the road with their blinkers on and there was a police officer responding to an accident. 

Since there was no way to enter the parking garages,  I wasn't sure what to do.  I decided to bypass the A and B terminal and look for long term parking.  The traffic ceased as soon as I passed the arrivals and departures, and I noticed that there was a sign for terminal C parking.  I wasn't sure if that would be helpful or not, but decided to try it anyway.  I was so thankful that I did.  There were plenty of open spaces and a line of arrows painted on the floor showing me how to get to terminal B.

While I was searching for the boys, Brett texted me.  They had landed 15 minutes early and had just gotten off of the plane.  I asked them if they could see any signs for the C parking garage.  They easily figured out which train led to the terminal link where I was waiting.  Soon I could see the boys through the train windows.  I was relieved that we had found each other relatively quickly, not very far from where I had parked.

The drive home was a happy one, filled with a lot of conversation, fun music choices and thankfully, no traffic.  The boys were happy to be in Florida and I was thrilled to have them here.  The trip was a fast one and soon I was giving them a quick tour of the changes in our home from the last time that they were here before heading to bed.  Although parts of the day had been incredibly stressful, I was extremely thankful that all had ended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment