Thursday, July 22, 2021

"Toy Story"

I spent this afternoon at Grandma Jane's cleaning out the toys that she had stored there over the years.  Some were unique to the Heinisch children and others were from my childhood.  I kept many of my favorites including my Honey Hill Bunch Clubhouse dolls, Raggedy Ann & Andy and the cradle that Paw Paw made for my dolls.  The Heinisch children kept several sets of toys as well.  Brett wanted the Weebles saved for him as well as all of the Mister Men that Granny made for him over the years.  Cal had claimed the Ninja Turtles for himself and Meg had us hold on to several Build-A-Bears for her as well.  







Cameron in the end kept the most - G.I. Joe's, the Fisher Price Little People and several other toys that he played with at Grandma's.  I wasn't surprised by that as he had spent the afternoons of his Kindergarten years hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa while I was teaching.  He also had the most recent memories of the toys being the youngest in the Heinisch family.  

 

When we finished all of the sorting and reminiscing everyone said that they enjoyed the walk down memory lane.  I agreed.  It did make for a fun afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment