Sunday, July 11, 2021

Disney Springs Round 2

I had to get up at 6:30 a.m. this morning to get my boarding pass, so I appreciated being able to sleep in afterward.  Doug and I drove straight to Disney Springs once we checked out.  We didn't have dinner reservations until 4:30, but wanted to get a snack for lunch and do a little shopping before then.  Lunch was an easy choice as Doug and I split a Tex Mex Chili Dog at the Sausage Shop along the water.  Afterward we spent about an hour or so looking through the different shops.  I really wanted to find a steel water bottle that I could clip on to my small backpack.  There were a lot of water bottles available, but none that were metal with a clip.  I did have success at the M & M store, however, as they had a green and a blue plate to add to my collection, a pair of green socks and a deck of cards.  I couldn't believe how long the line was to check out.  It was that way Friday night as well.  I just thought early afternoon on Sunday would mean a lot less people.  

Since it was more crowded than I expected, we decided to play mini golf during the mid-afternoon.  Doug preferred the Winter Summerland Course by Blizzard Beach, so we headed to it first.  On our way, we saw lightning and dark clouds, but didn't worry too much about it as the water park was still open.  Unfortunately, just as we parked, they closed the entire area.  We figured that meant that all of the miniature golf courses were closed, so we decided to stop by Port Orleans Riverside instead.  Disney had just announced that it would be opening the hotel on October 14th which was perfect timing for our fall break trip with Cameron.  We really wanted to stay there as we had never been able to before.  I was very glad to be able to get through to the online reservation service last Thursday after a few attempts.  The wait time by phone was two and a half hours.  Today, we talked to the attendant about touring the place, but it was closed for construction.  Her enthusiasm for the resort opening was catchy and left us excited to return in three months.

Due to the change in miniature golf plans we got back to Disney Springs a little earlier than we planned.  Thankfully, Wine Bar George had a table on the deck for us already open.  We were happy to hear that and enjoyed one of their small plates and an artisan cheese board.  While we were eating I got a text from Gideon's Bakery that my spot in the  virtual queue was available.  We were really glad to hear that as they had originally said that it would be a four and a half hour wait.  Instead it was only three.  We picked out three cookies to bring home for Cameron, Grandma and Grandpa to try and one for us to split for dessert.

 

Our last stop in Disney Springs before heading to our hotel by the airport was the Ireland store.  I found the perfect gift for Cal which I was very happy about as I had already found something for Cam, Meg and Brett elsewhere.  Doug and I decided to walk up to a place called Rock N Brews after we rested for  awhile at the Hampton Inn. I really liked the restaurant as it had MTV music videos from the 1980s on the big screen along with a few from the 1970s as well.  I pointed out to Doug that not everyone was enjoying the music as much as I was.  That's when he brought it to my attention that it was probably because I was one of the oldest people in the restaurant.  I couldn't argue with that, but didn't really care as I was having too much fun.  It was the perfect way to end our time together in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment