Thursday, July 15, 2021

Tennis Camp

 This week was tennis camp for the Bethany Bruins boys' team.  In years past they had spent the week in Angola for it, but with COVID their coach decided to just host a day camp this summer.  When he sent out the information email, he asked for families to host the boys for an afternoon if possible so they could get a break from tennis and have some team bonding time away from school.  Today was our turn to have the boys over and both Cameron and I were nervous about it.  Cameron wasn't sure that there would be enough to do and I didn't feel positive about my hosting skills without Doug present.  Thankfully, all went better than either he or I had envisioned.

The boys arrived around 11:30 for lunch.  I had pulled pork sandwiches and chips for them and Grandma Jane had made pasta salad, pickled eggs, fruit and brownies for them as well.  Cameron had taken a pickled egg each day for lunch this week.  Most of the boys had never eaten one and enjoyed trying them.  We had badminton, corn hole and ladder golf set up outside and ping pong and the projector set up downstairs.  After lunch and outdoor games, the boys then headed to the basement with their Nintendo Switches to hook up to the big screen when it started to rain.  The team left for Bethany close to 2 for more tennis.  I was happy to report to Doug afterward that all of my worrying was for nothing.  Everything went well and that I was ready for more days just like today.  








No comments:

Post a Comment