Wednesday, July 28, 2021

All Done with I-Core

Meg texted me late last night to let me know that they had submitted their final project for I-Core and that she was officially on summer break.  I was extremely happy for her as she had worked hard this summer to finish this challenging semester in the business school.  After her midterms she wasn't sure that she would make it this far.  Even last week she was positive that this was going to end up the worst summer of her life and that she'd never pass I-Core.

Thankfully, that was not the case.  Meg and her group finished well before today's 9:30 a.m. deadline and relied only on their own resources to finish the case.  As stressful as it was, in the end she was glad that she had taken I-Core this summer.  It had been easier for her with the online format, because it allowed her to travel home for a few weeks and visit Nick in West LaFayette.  She also liked the group that she was paired with as she had heard horror stories from other I-Core students of classmates that refused to help on the group project.  Taking I-Core this summer also assured her that she would graduate with an accounting degree in four years instead of the traditional five.  

When I called Meg today she was already talking about all of the activities that she had planned for her month long break.  Doug and I were both happy for her and proud of how hard she had work.  We are looking forward to seeing her on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment