Thursday, July 29, 2021

All Cleaned Out!

 When Cameron finished his sophomore year last May, I told him that he could put his backpack in the extra bedroom and that he could unpack it when we cleaned out his room this summer.  I had good intentions of getting it all done by the middle of June, but golf tournaments, weekends in Bloomington and a trip to Florida changed my timeline.  Last weekend, it dawned on me that Cameron only had two weeks left until school started and that a lot of that time would be taken up with tennis conditioning and practices.  Therefore, I had no choice but to get started on his room this week.

I decided that the best course of action in tackling this task was to spread it out and work on Cameron 's room a little bit each day.  As soon as he left for tennis conditioning Monday morning I pulled everything out of his dresser.  After lunch, he and I went through all of his clothes so that he could decided what to get rid of and what to keep.  True to his personality, he kept most of the shirts that were filling his drawers.  I was at least able to downsize a few and reorganize the rest so that they all would fit.  Cameron also saw a few shirts that he forgot he owned and I made sure to put those on top for him to wear soon.  He finished the reorganization process by cleaning off his dresser as well.  

On Tuesday I took everything off of Cameron's nightstand and television stand.  Once again Cameron didn't part with very much, but he did put his books away on the bookshelf in the extra room and agreed to recycle the stash of water bottles that he had been "collecting" this summer.  I also had the chance to thoroughly dust those areas, which I probably appreciated the most.  Yesterday, Cameron and I finished with his closet and his backpack.  The best part of that was finding a lot of brand new school supplies that he didn't use last year and that I wouldn't have to buy this year. 


In the end cleaning out Cameron's room was relatively painless and we finished it just in time for him to spend the day with his friends today.  After tennis conditioning they went to the Elkhart County 4-H Fair, played board games at Sam's and had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.  He definitely had a lot more fun than cleaning and I was extremely happy to cross one more item off of my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment