Tuesday, July 6, 2021

One Day More

Today was my least favorite day of the month so far - cleaning day.  With everyone in and out this weekend, the house needed some attention.  I also needed to pack as well.  I couldn't complain too much about the cleaning, as Doug, Cam and I celebrated the end of the three day weekend last night by eating dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. 

The one complaint that I did have about today was once again the laundry.  It took me almost all day to wash and dry three loads of laundry.  The last one didn't spin out at all.  Thankfully, the temperamental dryer upstairs kicked on just in time to help dry half of that load while the basement one finished the rest.  Hopefully, this will be the last time that we have to deal with this situation.  My parents had suggested that we try an appliance store in North Webster.  Dad knew the owner's brother and had purchased his own stove from them.  We appreciated the tip as we found a Whirlpool washer and dryer set that we really liked.  They were also priced well below the ones at Lowe's.  They weren't as big as my current set, but we no longer needed the extra larges ones of years past since there were only the three of us at home now.  The store also had a person who would deliver and set up the new ones and take the old pair.  After today, I can't wait to get them here.  I really appreciate Doug agreeing to a new set even though we plan to move in a couple of years.  Even if there are less members of the Heinisch family in the house now, I'll definitely get my use out of them before we move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment